[tex-live] tl2016,tl2018: broken psnup shipped

Reuben Thomas rrt at sc3d.org
Sat Sep 1 11:16:19 CEST 2018

On 1 September 2018 at 09:34, Reuben Thomas <rrt at sc3d.org> wrote:

> [Sending again, this time replying to all; sorry, Werner!]
>

> On 1 September 2018 at 09:30, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:
>

>> > The bug Akira just fixed is already fixed in the current Perl
>> > version, I believe.
>>
>> ... this is not a reason to not apply Akira's fix to the C psutils
>> github repository.  So please do that.
>>

> There is no "C psutils github repository". There is just one github repo.
> Since the last release, v1.23, I've started migrating the code to Perl.

By the way, I don't have time for this myself, but if someone would like to
make a C branch of the repository for use until the Perl version is
released, I'd be very happy to have it. It looks like the last commit
before I started introducing Perl versions of the code was 5858fb18bb436,
though arguably one might want to go beyond that, as there are more C and
documentation fixes after that.

Alternatively, it might be simpler just to have patches on the v1.23
release.

--
https://rrt.sc3d.org