[tex-live] tl2016,tl2018: broken psnup shipped

Reuben Thomas rrt at sc3d.org
Sat Sep 1 10:34:47 CEST 2018

[Sending again, this time replying to all; sorry, Werner!]

On 1 September 2018 at 09:30, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:

> > The bug Akira just fixed is already fixed in the current Perl
> > version, I believe.
>
> ... this is not a reason to not apply Akira's fix to the C psutils
> github repository.  So please do that.

There is no "C psutils github repository". There is just one github repo.
Since the last release, v1.23, I've started migrating the code to Perl.

BTW, where is the Perl version of psutils?  In the psutils github
> repository I see a single Perl file (PSUtils.pm) – this can't be it,
> right?  If the Perl code is somewhere else, it would be nice to add a
> link to the README...

See the .in files (they are processed by configure into suffixless
scripts). The only C program left there is pstops. So there's nothing to
link to, it's all there!