[tex-live] Problems installing TeXlive in CentOS7

Raimundo Serrano rlserrano2002 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:20:48 CEST 2018

Hi Norbert,
I've tried what you suggested. See below what I've got.
Hi Lars, I already have also tried to change the mirrors in the past.
It gave me the same result. I'm in Brazil.
It seems to me that it is indeed the proxy wall which is blocking the
network installer to download the updates; I do not know how to sort
this though.
Thanks again!

Regarding the Norbert's suggestion:
>> You can try running install-tl with -v to get more output.

# perl install-tl -v
D:Using checksum method digest::sha
D:Testing for gpg in gpg
D: ... gpg ok! [gpg --version >/dev/null 2>&1]
D:gpg command line: gpg --homedir "./tlpkg/gpg" --no-secmem-warning
--no-permission-warning --lock-never
D:setup_programs: preferring system versions
D:trying to set up system curl, arg --version
D:program curl found in the path
D:trying to set up system wget, arg --version
D:program wget found in the path
D:trying to set up system lz4, arg --version
D:program lz4 found in the path
D:trying to set up system gzip, arg --version
D:program gzip found in the path
D:trying to set up system xz, arg --version
D:program xz found in the path
DD:dumping $::progs = {
  'compressor' => 'lz4',
  'curl' => 'curl',
  'gzip' => 'gzip',
  'lz4' => 'lz4',
  'tar' => 'tar',
  'wget' => 'wget',
  'working_compressors' => [
    'lz4',
    'gzip',
    'xz'
  ],
  'working_downloaders' => [
    'curl',
    'wget'
  ],
  'xz' => 'xz'
};
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
D:TLPDB.pm: trying to initialize from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
D:trying to download
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
to /tmp/cGbSaZOAA2/_UvSxgsdLW
D:persistent connection not set up
D:TLUtils::_download_file_program: curl
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
/tmp/cGbSaZOAA2/_UvSxgsdLW
D:downloading http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
using curl --user-agent texlive/curl --retry 10 --fail --location
--connect-timeout 30 --silent --output
D:TLUtils::_download_file_program: wget
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
/tmp/cGbSaZOAA2/_UvSxgsdLW
D:downloading http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
using wget --user-agent=texlive/wget --tries=10 --timeout=30 -q -O
D:TLUtils::download_file: tried to download using lwp curl wget, none succeeded
D:TLPDB: downloading
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
didn't succeed, try
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
D:persistent connection not set up
D:TLUtils::_download_file_program: curl
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
/tmp/cGbSaZOAA2/ykqoNGU8Va
D:downloading http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
using curl --user-agent texlive/curl --retry 10 --fail --location
--connect-timeout 30 --silent --output
D:TLUtils::_download_file_program: wget
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
/tmp/cGbSaZOAA2/ykqoNGU8Va
D:downloading http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
using wget --user-agent=texlive/wget --tries=10 --timeout=30 -q -O
D:TLUtils::download_file: tried to download using lwp curl wget, none succeeded
install-tl: TLPDB::from_file could not download
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb;
install-tl: maybe the repository setting should be changed.