[tex-live] Problems installing TeXlive in CentOS7

Raimundo Serrano rlserrano2002 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:17:28 CEST 2018

Hello there,
I'm unable to install the "install-tl" file from the command line.
What I'm doing is:
# perl install-tl

it returns:
# cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
install-tl: TLPDB::from_file could not download
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb;
install-tl: maybe the repository setting should be changed.

I already tried using "rsync" or wget to change the repository http
though the problems remain. I use proxy to navigate. As said in the
subject, I run CentOS7 and the installation from their repo gives lot
of package errors after installing. Therefore I downloaded the
install-tl file to try by myself.

Thanks for any help.
Ray