[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue Oct 9 13:41:29 CEST 2018

Hi Norbert,

On 9 Oct 2018, at 12:44 pm, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at<mailto:preining at logic.at>> wrote:

Hi Ross, hi all,

sorry for being late...

On Tue, 09 Oct 2018, Ross Moore wrote:
> * including an sRGB profile, and

I have uploaded a package to CTAN called "colorprofiles" which contains
sRGB.icc
FOGRA39L_coated.icc
It will be installed into TeX Live within the next 2 days I guess.

> * adjusting pdfx.sty for the new default name.

You can use sRGB.icc, this is the name as I included it.

I used the sRGB.icm from Argyllcms, and FOGRA39L_coated as sent by
Peter.

Great.
When I get that, I can make the appropriate adjustments.

I’m a little surprised at the message we (the pdfx developers)
got reporting that someone could no longer process a document that
had worked previously.

Here is the message that was sent:

PDFX: Color Profile Problems on MacOS, Texlive 2018

To: Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org<mailto:cvr at river-valley.org>>, Thanh Hàn Thé <thanh at river-valley.org<mailto:thanh at river-valley.org>>, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:ross.moore at mq.edu.au>>, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca<mailto:selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>>

Dear Authors of PDFX,

the recent update to (48612, 1.5.84) may have introduced a regression. Previously, e.g., on (44412, 1.5.84), documents would compile without errors, but know I get:

pdfx.sty:1301: No color profile found to use for RGB screen colors

I assume the defaults were used previously. Do I have to provide a color profile manually from now on or is this a new issue?

Best regards,
Steffen Märcker

There has been no update yet to  pdfx.sty  on CTAN or for  TeXLive 2018,  at least not by me.
I thought that the sRGB  color profile was only to be removed from Linux distributions,
so why is this problem appearing under MacOSX, as stated in his header?

My experience is that if you install a new TeXLive distribution,
then the old one stays but  kpsewhich  may not find it.
So the simplest solution is to copy/move the old file into a  texmf-local/  hierarchy,
until the updated  pdfx.sty  becomes available, using a new file name.

Is this not accurate?

All the best

Norbert

Cheers,

Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | 12 Wally’s Walk, 734
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>