[tex-live] New programs: dviout-util

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 05:40:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

Last night I committed a new package dviout-util containing
the following programs, both of which are derived from
DVIOUT previewer on Windows. (r48839--r48848)

(Thanks Karl for useful suggestions in private communication.)

> * dvispc: Correct the page-independence of DVI file
> * chkdvifont: Check fonts in DVI/TFM/JFM/FONT files

Brief summary:

> - A DVI file with \special's (color, annotation etc.) is not always
> page-independent; in that case, "dviselect" or "dvidvi" fails
> to preserve such \special's. The program "dvispc" corrects the
> DVI file to be page-independent.
> - "chkdvifont" (originally named "chkfont") prints what fonts
> appear in a DVI file, and also tells information about individual
> TFM, VF, etc.

Travis CI tests passed, but please let me know if you have
any problems. I hope these programs will be available on TL2019.

Best regards,
Hironobu Yamashita