[tex-live] Updates to new TL installer GUI

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Nov 28 10:50:23 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 05:08:39PM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Le 27/11/18 à 14h29, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :
>
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 08:49:40PM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> >> Hi Siep,

> >> Here on Linux Mageia 6, I can't resize any of the boxes (either
> >> normal/advanced), in any way (neither maximize nor with the mouse).
> >
> > The basic and advanced windows are not resizeble: shrinking would
> > corrupt the layout,
>
> OK.
>
> > which is already shrink-wrapped, and expanding serves no purpose.
>
> In French, it is common to have longer sentences than the corresponding
> English ones: will the windows sizes be adjusted to the translated
> strings?

Yes, it will even adjust on the fly. Picking e.g. another scheme,
and the width of the window will probably change.

This is not necessarily true for list-like widgets, for which a
width (and height) can be specified. Instead, I have made such
widgets resizable.

> Another point: I personally prefer the window I'm currently working on
> to be maximzed in order to not be disturbed by other windows.

I have to think about that.

> Mmmmmhhhh, I'm not sure it is now clearer. The directory structure
> displayed as a tree view would be less puzzling, but I'm must admit
> I don't know whether Tcl allows it or not.

The full path is displayed along the top. I could make it more
prominent with some extra vertical space above and below.

But 'toggle year' is maybe not the best phrasing. Add year/Omit year
may be better, the button text switching appropriately.

--
Siep Kroonenberg