[tex-live] New installer GUI

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Nov 21 12:41:11 CET 2018

Norbert Preining wrote:
> There is no TEXMFSYSDIST, and we never allowed for configuration of TEXMFDIST in any installer.
>
> So what are you trying to do??
Root TEXMFDIST, TEXMFSYSVAR and TEXMFSYSCONFIG in a single location :

    X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF

i.e., X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF\Dist, X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF\Var, X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF\Config

I can (with the current GUI installer but not the new one) accomplish the 2nd and 3rd of these but not the first.

TEXMFLOCAL is already rooted at :

    X:\TeX\Live\TeXMF

i.e., X:\TeX\Live\TeXMF\Local

I have no idea what TEXMFVAR and TEXMFCONFIG might be used for, but I have never found any reason to install anything in either of them, so I have never needed (or wanted) to configure their locations.

** Phil.
--
<Signature>
Philip Taylor