[tex-live] New installer GUI

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Nov 20 10:55:09 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:15:04AM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Philip Taylor wrote:
>
> > [...] I cannot see where to configure the locations of the TEXMFVAR and
> > TEXMFCONFIG directory hierarchies.
>
> That should, of course, have read "the locations of the TEXMFSYSVAR and
> TEXMFSYSCONFIG directory hierarchies" as I now see when running the older
> "install-TL-advanced" in order to be able to configure these.  Nonetheless,
> I would still like to know how to configure these locations using the new
> installer.

I did not anticipate that anybody would want to mess with these. Of
course, I should have anticipated that you would. So I have to
decide whether that is a good enough reason to put it in, since
there are alternatives, as Norbert explained.  I do not want to
overload users with rarely-used options.

If anybody else on this list thinks these options should be
included, please speak up.

--
Siep Kroonenberg