[tex-live] New installer GUI

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Mon Nov 19 16:00:42 CET 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 02:41:31PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> > For the 2019 release of TeX Live we intend to provide a new GUI
> > front-end for the installer. By now, it could benefit from wider
> > testing.
> >
> > Just add a parameter '-gui tcl' to install-tl or to
> > install-tl-windows[.bat] and you shall see the new GUI rather than
> > one of the old ones.
> Splendid (and much welcomed) news, Siep.  But one question, if I may ?  When you say "Just add a parameter '-gui tcl' ", presumably you are speaking of adding this parameter to the TeX Live 2018 installer, since (as far as I know) the 2019 version is as yet unannounced.  And can the parameter also be added to install-tl-advanced, which is my installer of choice ?

Tcl mode is available now.

The only thing that install-tl-advanced.bat does is invoking
install-tl-windows.bat with a '-gui perltk' parameter. The tcl gui
has a button 'advanced' which opens up (almost) all the
configuration options. I am not sure what would happen if you added
two -gui paramters.

--
Siep Kroonenberg