[tex-live] xetex segfault in "TeX Live 2019/dev/Debian"?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Nov 17 10:55:27 CET 2018

Am Sat, 17 Nov 2018 02:38:01 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

> Hi Ulrike,
>
>> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/460247/xelatex-doesnt-work-in-texstudio
>
> I read through the issue there, and it seems that
> 	it works on the terminal
> but
> 	breaks in texworks

I'm not sure. In the comments it sounds as if it breaks also on the
terminal, but not for every file. Some unknown file seemed to work,
but with sample2e it broke: "when i type the command: xelatex
sample.tex in terminal, ... "

But if he really mixed binaries from different version than probably
nothing can be done anyway.

Btw: The segfault is at the place where on windows I would expect
the recreation of the font cache (if xetex detects new fonts).

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/