[tex-live] Query about 'tar' and some windows/linux scripts

Pablo Alfonso González Luengo pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Thu Nov 15 22:40:10 CET 2018

> With respect, "a couple of megabytes more or less" really isn't anything more than noise . . .
Yes, but, it's a file less than updating ... that's advantage

> @Zdeněk Wagner..."If curl and tar were supplied by Microsoft as a default part of Windows, it could be under control"
To this I mean precisely ... according to
(https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/virtualization/2017/12/19/tar-and-curl-come-to-windows/)
will now be an integral part of windows, I assume that the developers
of this operating system take them seriously.
On the other hand, if total compatibility between systems is desired,
nowadays it is possible to use WSL and install a reduced version of
"debian" for example and have access to "tar" and "curl" to check
compatibilities.
Anyway, it's just an idea ... (I know curl is a problem, for some
reason TeXLive still uses the classic wget)