[tex-live] problem with texdoc

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Nov 11 00:59:17 CET 2018

On 2018-11-10 at 12:48:57 -0300, Pablo Alfonso González Luengo wrote:

 > Hello everyone, after the last update (windows/linux) to use texdoc
 > it seems that something is not quite right. For example, if it is
 > executed: $ texdoc 1234 show README for rumakeindex, and if
 > executed again (two o more times) show a diferent files.  Saludos

What do you expect if you type "texdoc 1234"?

Recent versions of texdoc support fuzzy search and even return
something if there is a typo in the search string.

What I absolutely don't understand is why every invocation provides a
different result.  Yes, I can reproduce the behavior.

BTW, there is a dedicated mailing list for texdoc

but AFAIK Takuto is listening here as well.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de