[tex-live] inclusion of texlive-includernw

Andreas Storvik Strauman andreas.s.strauman at uit.no
Sat Nov 10 19:09:22 CET 2018

>  causing  havoc for those who upgrade texlive because texlive-includernw tries to
> install R and many R packages without checking whether they are installed
> elsewhere.

Oh! I see. That's a problem.

> I can't see a list of maintainers of  texlive-collection-mathscience, so cannot see how to get texlive-includernw de-listed urgently.

I don't know who put it there! I do not know how it ended up in TeXLive fedora,

but I do have email addresses of some TeXLive guys, and I could try to contact them?

> ... should be re-written to check for dependency availability on R at the
> level of the user rather than root at install time.

Agreed.

> This probably cannot be done.

Agreed, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

>The package should actually do the checking at run time only,

> providing helpful messages only.

At run time is better than install time, or no?

I did not intend this package to cause any inconvenience, and

I find it extremely odd that it's actually attempting to install R-knitr?