[tex-live] font stickstooMath-... is defined multiple times

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:35:39 CEST 2018

On 05/30/2018 07:12 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:

>> updmap [WARNING]: font stickstooMath-Regular is defined multiple times:
>>     newtx.map (from /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg)
>>     SticksTooText.map (from
>
> SticksTooText.map is neither from Lucida nor MathTimePro

MinionPro

> so this is a different font set you have installed, and which defines
> the same font
>    stickstooMath-Regular

No, I haven't installed SticksToo nor newtx: both came with TeXLive 2018
(both by Michael Sharpe, from what I see with texdoc):

kpsewhich SticksTooText.map
/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/stickstoo/SticksTooText.map

kpsewhich newtx.map
/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/newtx/newtx.map

(my Lucida and MinionPro fonts and maps are in texmf-local).

>> I guess there is not really any problem with this, but I thought it might be
>> OK to notify it.
>
> It is a problem you have created by adding SticksTooText.map in
>    /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
> and all this is written in the messages shipped out by updmap.

No, as I say above, I haven't add anything anywhere in TeXLive 2018 ---I
was just adding my map files from texmf-local.

>> of RAM and the original disk drive ---it's updmap that is really, really
>> faster.
>
> It still needs to read all the .map files, that hasn't changed. But it
> doesn't run lots of mktexlsr etc anymore. So speed shouldn't have
> changed that much, but it definitely has changed.

Oh, it really has changed a lot! Old timers like myself can attest to that!

Best

Axel