[tex-live] [debian-refcard] Help needed with xmlroff -> dblatex migration

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:43:26 CEST 2018

You mix polyglossia and babel in the same document, it will not work,
you should use only one of them. I prefer polyglossia with XeLaTeX, so
the lines would be

\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainlanguage{hebrew}

Packages ucs, fontenc and inputenc must not be used, XeTeX works in
Unicode with input in UTF-8 and OpenType or TrueType fonts should be
used (with Unicode encoding).

Package bidi will be loaded automatically but you have to declare
explicitly that you with the RTL output.

I suggest that you make a short (even nonsense) Hebrew document and by
gluing the pieces mentioned above you make it work. Then you will know
what your XSL should contain.
This is the way how I work when typesetting XML via XSLT and XeLaTeX.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz