[tex-live] [debian-refcard] Help needed with xmlroff -> dblatex migration

Holger Wansing hwansing at mailbox.org
Sun May 27 21:58:08 CEST 2018

[Please CC my on replies]

Hi,

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> > My main point is/was: I don't know, how all the things like dblatex, latex,
> > xetex, xelatex ... work together.
>
> I think
>   dblatex produces a .tex file from the "sources"
>   xelatex is used to translate it into a pdf
> That's all. The problem is that dblatex is not afair in TeX Live, so not
> many people will be able to test it. So having the (intermediate) .tex
> file would be helpful.

So, I cannot get any further here ...

I have stripped this down to this:
dblatex generates the tex file from a docbook source file, it uses xetex
backend for that.

The command used:
dblatex --backend=xetex --texstyle=refcard.sty --xsl-user=dblatex.xsl entries-he.dbk

Based on this example
https://www.guyrutenberg.com/2015/03/20/hebrew-with-xetex-example/
I have generated a dblatex.xsl file, to the best of my knowledge.
(The notation in our dblatex.xsl file is somewhat different compared with
the example from above, so I couldn't copy-paste it directly.)

I have attached:
- the docbook source file ("entries-he.dbk"),
- the style file ("refcard.sty")
- the dblatex.xsl file
- and the resulting tex file.

Many thanks
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing at mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076