[tex-live] tlmgr bug

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:44:21 CEST 2018

> Hi Paulo,
>
>> TeX::LSR: ls-R file not writable, skipping:
>> /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-var/ls-R
>> Cannot write ls-R in /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-var. at
>> /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl line 583.
>
> Ok, not surprising.
>
>> Correcting the permissions and running tlmgr again produces:
>>
>> tlmgr update --all
>> tlmgr: package repository http://linorg.usp.br/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
>> (verified)
>> tlmgr: saving backups to /usr/local/texlive/2018/tlpkg/backups
>> tlmgr: no updates available
>>
>> and it never goes back to the rest of the updates.
>
> Because all package updates have been installed. The mktexlsr only
> failed. Just run mktexlsr manually.

If I remember it well, after some updates it is necessary to rebuild
the formats and/or update the font maps which is done automatically.
If update failed during mktexlsr, these actions will be missing too.
Is it a possibility to find whether updmap-sys and fmtutil-sys should
be run after such failure?

> Norbert

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz