[tex-live] Has anything changed in the order TL searches for packages?

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Wed May 16 16:15:05 CEST 2018

After updating the texlive-full package

    $ apt show texlive-full
    Package: texlive-full
    Version: 2018.20180505-1

today I get a strange error compiling a document:

    ! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `first-page-number' for package
    `lyluatex'.

This package option is present in the Git repository version of the
package but not yet in CTAN/TeXLive, so I have to think that LaTeX finds
the lyluatex package from TeXLive before the local one.

My local lyluatex is in

    ~/texmf/tex/latex/latex-git/lyluatex

where "latex-git" is a symlink (to where all my git repos are stored).
~/texmf/tex/latex also contains a hidden directory in order to allow
kpsewhich to follow the links

Strangely

    $ kpsewhich lyluatex.sty
    /home/uliska/texmf/tex/latex/latex-git/lyluatex/lyluatex.sty

correctly points to my local installation.

This problem immediately started after the update was completed. Any
idea what could be wrong here?

Thank you
Urs