[tex-live] TL2018: Problems with filenames

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu May 10 22:38:46 CEST 2018

David Carlisle wrote:
> [I]t appears that windows is using an 8-bit encoding ...

A quick test suggests that David is correct.  I created a web page in utf-8 encoding using Macromedia Dreamweaver, split it into two parts, then appended the string "Begrüßung" to the first part :

> echo Begrüßung>> part-1.html

  Dreamweaver spotted that the file had been updated externally, asked if it should re-load it, and on being told "Yes", displayed :

--
<Signature>
Philip Taylor