[tex-live] Installing TL18 on Win10 - permission denied

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Wed May 9 11:34:53 CEST 2018

Hmm, it seems to be some sort of race condition.

It is caused by the save function in TLPDB, dying on the rename.

It might be the AV that has grabbed and locked the texlive.tlpdb.tmp while we are attempting to rename it.

It runs a bit more smoothly if we change the die to warn in that save function.

Though of course then the resulting  texlive.tlpdb in the end will not be correct.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University