[tex-live] Primitive parity, \expanded and \Ucharcat

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri May 4 10:31:14 CEST 2018

Hello Norbert,

>> I'll merge them as required and send diff files to where/whoever is best.
>
> For (u)ptex a pull request at https://github.com/texjporg/tex-jp-build
> might be useful. This is the main development area for all Japanese TeX
> engine stuff.

I see that the \expanded code has already been picked up in a branch
there: https://github.com/texjporg/tex-jp-build/tree/expanded. So I'm
guessing that is likely to happen.

At the moment what I'm aiming to do is get everything in one place so it
can be reviewed, etc., and commented on. Particularly in the case of
\expanded, the wider plan only works if there is general
(pdfTeX/XeTeX/(u)pTeX) agreement on taking the patch.

Once we have that agreement, putting in pull requests, diffs, etc.
against the 'right' places should be easy enough (at least in the sense
I'm happy to sort it).

>> them I'll have to do a little tidying up: that will happen once I know which
>> of these suggestions are useful.
>
> I think all are fine.

I don't imagine there is anything particularly controversial, but there
is also the technical business (I'm no WEB expert).

Joseph