[tex-live] About timestamps of TeXLive repo

Angelo Graziosi angelo.g0 at libero.it
Tue Mar 13 12:42:47 CET 2018

I wonder why when there is the step from _tlnet_ to _tlpretest_ many if not all packages of _archive_ folder change the timestamps and one is constrained to re-download all to maintain a local copy of a remote ftp... Usually I have a copy of _tlnet_ or _tlpretest_ in _tlrepo_ and install things in _/opt/texlive_ not _/opt/texlive/YEAR_.

In the step _tlnet_ ==> _tlpretest_ (and viceversa) I would to continue updating my local repo and TeXLive installation (by means of tlmgr) without, _de facto_, reinstalling all from scratch.

For this reason I often skip the pretest step.

Ciao,
Angelo.