[tex-live] tl2018: problems with including a (very specific) PNG file

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Wed Jun 20 14:16:55 CEST 2018

I’m at loss of words to describe precisely what happens.  Please
compile the minimal example I provide, and see the output.

The attached files build “fine” with tl2009, but produce a very bad
result with tl2018.

A) Both give a warning
      arithmetic: number too big

B) however, the result of tl2009 is “as expected” — provided that both
   width= and height= parameters are given.  (Otherwise tl2009 produces
   something huge.  In the attached example I do not set height=, so
   the height is huge.)

C) The result of tl2018 is humongous (no matter what width= and height=
   say).  Moreover, I think it is wrongly positioned (but this is hard
   to judge…).

Thanks,
Ilya