[tex-live] TeXLive-2018 fails to update across firewall

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 20 07:31:58 CEST 2018

Hi,

> Wget uses http_proxy and https_proxy envvars. IIRC they can
> be set in .wgetrc, also, as I had a user break his system

Indeed, I searched the man page but I guess I mistyped something because
there was no hit ;-)

That means, let us test a bit more what is going on:

* please set the proxy env vars, then try

  wget http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

* try the same with the TL wget

  /usr/local/texlive/2018/tlpkg/installer/wget/wget.x86_64-darwin http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

* next try the same with the system provided curl

  curl http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

* next, do *ALL* the above with

  sudo -E ...

and please don't forget to send the outputs of the tlmgr calls I asked
in the last email. Thanks

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer