[tex-live] TeXLive-2018 fails to update across firewall

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 07:19:11 CEST 2018

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 22:02 , Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
>
> First of all, Uri, please *fix* your URL
>  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/system/texlive/tlnet <http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/system/texlive/tlnet>
> which you used is *wrong*, it should be *systems* (mind the final s).

Good catch, I missed that. Note that the URL in TLU in the original
post was correct, so that problem still exists.

> Then for the proxy: I don't think that wget supports proxies. That is
> one of the many reasons why the default in TeX Live is to use
>  LWP

Wget uses http_proxy and https_proxy envvars. IIRC they can
be set in .wgetrc, also, as I had a user break his system
with that back in the old days before LWP.

https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/html_node/Proxies.html <https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/html_node/Proxies.html>

-- adam