[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 installation problem

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Jun 7 22:32:08 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 06:37:15PM +0000, Wright, Christopher wrote:
> I have been trying to install TeX Live 2009 (using this older version for compatibility reasons), but when I try to run the installer it almost immediately stops with the following error message:
>

> > 'perl' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
>

> I am informed that perl should be included with the installer, so that this should not in theory be a problem. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?

This is windows? How did you try to install? For windows, there are
a couple of batchfile wrappers:

- install-tl.bat or install-tl-windows.bat, depending on the release
  This one installs everything, with a minimum of questions

- install-tl-advanced.bat which lets you pick and choose

The batchfile takes care of invoking a private copy of perl, which
is more or less invisible to the rest of the system.

Other perl scripts are also invoked via wrappers which know where to
find the hidden perl.

--
Siep Kroonenberg