[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 installation problem

Wright, Christopher Christopher.Wright at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 20:37:15 CEST 2018

I have been trying to install TeX Live 2009 (using this older version for compatibility reasons), but when I try to run the installer it almost immediately stops with the following error message:

> 'perl' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I am informed that perl should be included with the installer, so that this should not in theory be a problem. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

Chris Wright