[tex-live] Uninstall older tex live version Windows 10

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Jun 5 20:36:10 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 10:40:12AM -0500, Huang Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem uninstalling Tex 2017 from Windows 10 after I installed
> 2018. The installation is under C:/texlive (NOT in program files) and there
> is no entry in Control Panel->Programs and Features for Texlive at all.

For wX and a user install the installer does not create a registry
entry, since it would show up under Settings / Apps / Apps & features,
where it would trigger an inappropriate UAC prompt and lead to a
failed uninstall.

In this case, there ought to be an uninstall menu entry, although wX
might decide for reasons unknown to not display this menu entry.

But you can invoke the uninstaller manually:
<tlroot>\tlpkg\installer\uninst.bat

--
Siep Kroonenberg