[tex-live] texdoc texlive.tlpdb cache-tlpdb.lua

Takuto ASAKURA tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 05:29:22 CEST 2018

Hi Johannes,

I'm afraid there's no sophisticated way to do that except setting the
environment variable, like Norbert is saying, at this point.

JFYI, copying texmf-var/texdoc/cache-tlpdb.lua to
texmf-dist/scripts/texdoc/Data.tlpdb.lua, which is the official way to
activate Texdoc without shipping texlive.tlpdb, is supported by the
build script.

* Please reference the "Generating a pre-hashed cache file" section in
  the README file (https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc)

We can add an optional argument to specify /custom/path/texlive.tlpdb
for the task "rake gen_datafile", if it is desirable.

Best,
Takuto