[tex-live] Lua module 'socket.url' loading problem with getmap

Josef Kleber josef.kleber at gmx.de
Sun Jul 15 10:45:50 CEST 2018

Dear Akira,

Am 15.07.2018 um 06:23 schrieb Akira Kakuto:
> Dear Josef,
>
>> In the last 2 hours I have reinstalled TL2018 with no change ;-(
>
> Next trial.
> Please test an attached getmap.sty.
> That is not a patch, but a complete file.
> I have slightly changed the previous one.
> Here, your example and tokyo.png for lualatex are
> working fine also by using the new getmap.sty.

Eureka! :-))

This also works for me! (pdflatex,xelatex and lualatex)

Am I correct that 'os.setlocale('','ctype')' does set the 'letter'
locale to a system independant lua default? This would indeed explain
different behavior on different systems. Although, it's still strange
that luatex accepts german umlauts but no ß on my side.
Still don't understand why a change in luatex or (some versions of)
Windows would require that now, but worked flawlessly with older versions.

Thanks for your effort and patience! :-)

Best,

Josef