[tex-live] change in luatex? log is different

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 10 16:43:35 CEST 2018

Am Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:48:02 +0100 schrieb Joseph Wright:

> l3build normalises some of this 'extra data': you'll need to use a VM or
> similar if you want to compare the raw logs. Here, TL'18 LuaTeX is more
> 'talkative' than earlier releases:

Well the problem is not that it is more talkative but that its
"talkativness" differs across the systems ;-).

Side remark: the luatex from miktex (currently) does not add the
(font), so currently I'm just resaving the tests with miktex in the
hope that they then pass on the travis linux ;-)

>it's tricky to fully normalise to the same format as from TL'17.

There is no TL17 involved (I hope ...)

Beside this: how does this explain the change compared to last week?

Why does my luatex (on windows) add "(font)" in the log while other
binaries do not?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/