[tex-live] interfering tfms

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 04:14:26 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm one of the maintainers of ptex-fonts, Japanesee TeX Development Community
We _cannot_ change the font name, as "tgoth10,tfm" has been existed since 1980s,
and almost all of Japanese classees and packages assume it exists.
Also, "tgoth10.tfm" is a default pTeX / pLaTeX font used in both formats.

The possibility is that restricting the search path (TEXINPUTS?)
for Japanese tgoth10,tfm for pTeX-related formats in texmf.cnf
in the TeX Live distribution side. Is it possible?

----
Hironobu Yamashita