[tex-live] Tutorial for setting up own TeX Live package repositories seems outdated

M.Eng. René Schwarz mail at rene-schwarz.com
Sun Feb 18 11:05:59 CET 2018

Hi Karl,

> If you check it out on a Windows system, then you get Windows line
> endings (for other files too), due to svn:eol-style=native, but shells
> on Windows should be able to deal with that. It can be changed, but it
> doesn't seem like it should be necessary. What is your situation?  Sorry
> if you already said. -k

I am working with TortoiseSVN and Cygwin on Windows. Since the
`config.guess` file is a shell script --- at least to my knowledge ---
it cannot be executed natively as Windows does not provide a Bourne-like
shell. At least the shell of Cygwin cannot cope with the Windows line
endings, and also it seems strange for me that other shell
implementations for Windows would.

It would make more sense to me to set `svn:eol-style=LF` for this file.

Kind regards,
René
--

Sincerely yours,