[tex-live] [Patch] XeTeX - Avoid modification of internal poppler object, fix compilation with poppler 0.72

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 10:12:28 CET 2018

Dear Akira,

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 at 09:45, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> > For TL 2019 (no need to do it just now) it would be helpful though if
> > the sources could do some #ifdef-ing (based on poppler version) to
> > also support the latest system version of poppler.
>
> The present XeTeX sources themselves are completely compatible
> with the newest poppler 0.72.0.

Awesome, thank you very much, I wasn't aware of this :)

> I don't know about configuration for system poppler.
> Karl or Norbert will configure if they admit its
> necessity and if they have free time.

Last time some people tried to backport some of your patches
(admittedly to TeX Live 2018) and eventually gave up, but it could be
that LuaTeX was the main blocker (which will no longer be the case in
TL 2019 anyway). I didn't look into it at that time, we simply
switched to the built-in version. I'll retry with the latest sources.

Thank you again,
    Mojca

(I hope that at some point someone will be able to migrate from
poppler to pplib also for XeTeX and pdfTeX :)