[tex-live] Making texts externally replaceable in PDFs, e.g. with sed(1)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Dec 17 15:12:50 CET 2018

Am Mon, 17 Dec 2018 12:25:03 +0100 schrieb Osipov, Michael:

>>> I'm not sure. It would work but at the end you are including a
>>> non-unicode-font.

>>    Why is that a problem?  Both the placeholder and the replacement text
>> are ASCII-only, as I understand.

It hasn't be said explicitly and would you trust people setting up
something like this to stay in the ascii range?

But the main problem I see is that at the end you have to embed
another font, and that type1 fonts in xelatex are not always without
problems, even more if the font has perhaps the same name as an open
type font.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/