[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:48:09 CET 2018

st 12. 12. 2018 v 11:30 odesílatel Arthur Reutenauer
<arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> napsal:
> >    Like every other user of Microsoft Windows, I could "upgrade" if I so
> >    chose; I choose not to, because everything from Windows 8 onwards (to
> >    date, at least) represents an evolutionary step (nay, leap) backwards.
>
>   Not my point.  You have opted for a very specific environment, not
> reprentative of any general use case, and that increases my doubts that
> you’re able to represent all TeX users on Windows, as you apparently
> wish to.

Yes, it is possible not to update, but it is a temporary solution.
Personally I still prefer Windos XP to Windows 7 but if I want to port
my SW from Linux to Windows, I need Windows development tools and they
are no longer available for XP. I did not want to update but I was
forced to. Sometimes in the future you buy a new computer and find
that it has new hardware and the device driver is not available for
older Windows, thus you will be forced to update. I run Windows inside
VirtualBox in Linux so I can emulate anold hardware and install
Windows NT but using emulation of ol HW by a VM is not a good solution
for those who want to use Windows as their primary OS.

>         Arthur

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz