[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Dec 11 22:33:10 CET 2018

On 2018-12-11 at 18:27:45 +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:

 > Le 11/12/18 à 13h07, George N. White III a écrit :
 >
 > > A large fraction of the TeX community has already rejected
 > > Windows.
 >
 > That's not my experience. Do you have some statistics about the
 > subject?

According to a survey done by Dante (259 participants) published in
DTK 4/2018:

  On which operating systems are you using TeX/LaTeX (multiple
  choices are possible)?

     Linux/Unix:   168
     Windows:      135
     MacOS:         66
     none:           2
     others:         4

This was the first question of the survey and thus quite general.  The
other questions were about TeX Collection DVD usage.

Please note that the numbers above are not TeX Live related.  It's not
distinguished between TeX Live and MiKTeX.

Though I wished that there were more than 259 participants, I think
that the result is more meaningful than that of the survey done by
CsTuG 15 years ago.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25