[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Dec 11 13:31:08 CET 2018

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:17:20AM +0100, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:48:39PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
> >    I endeavoured, and failed, to find those rules.
>
>   Please see URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/uwp/publish/app-submissions

Another URL:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-prepare

But please do not make a fool of yourself (and us) by sending such a
letter: Windows 10 S is clearly not intended for software such as
TeX Live.

As Reinhart already pointed out, there is other software such as
Octave that does not fit into the S mold either. S mode is NOT for
every possible use.

Users who accidentally bought a 10 S system can remove S-mode. If
their organization does not permit that, then its IT staff should be
addressed, not Microsoft.

I would be very happy if someone would come up with a LaTeX app for
the windows store, but I think it would be a lot of work, and still
be a far cry from a full-blown TeX Live.

--
Siep Kroonenberg