[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Dec 11 01:19:51 CET 2018

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, George Georgalis wrote:
> I'm suggesting containerization is a means to a solution, for the S-mode

And what container technology do you suggest being pre-installed on
Windows? And would run in S-mode?

> There are many containerization models/templates available today: docker,
> kubernetes, rancher, rancheros, to name a few.

You are talking all the same, the containerization technology is docker.
And I am rather certain that docker cannot be installed on Windows
S-mode.

k8s etc are using docker in the background, rancher is a frontend to
k8s, ...

> users have to integrate tex to their platform every time they install a new
> os anyway. I'm suggesting taking ownership of the platform to run the text
> processing environment. It's not like the effort of owning OS maintenance,

Could you be more specific? This sounds very much like sales person blabla.
I am using all the above and more technologies daily for my job, and
none of them is a solution for the problem at hand.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer