[tex-live] Further ghostscript problems, this time epstopdf

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 10 22:20:58 CET 2018

I have some difficulties running epstopdf with TeXLive 2018 (and gs 9.26
in cygwin64)

When I call it, I get the message:

  Warning: GenericResourceDir doesn't point to a valid resource directory.
                the -sGenericResourceDir=... option can be used to set this.

Setting the variable GenericResourceDir appropriately, epstopdf works
fine. Seaching for the error message in Google returns quite old results.

Strangely I see many references to "/texlive/2018/tlpkg/tlgs/Resource/",
when I run epstopdf with --debug, even if I unset all GS_FONTPATH
entries. My TeXLive resides in E:/texlive, so somehow the "E:" seems to
get somehow lost.

Does anyone encounter the same problem? For me it occurs at two quite
similar Notebooks with Windows 10.

With kind regards

Alois