[tex-live] tl2018: unclear how to report bugs

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Thu Aug 30 23:09:14 CEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:07:12PM +0200, David Carlisle wrote:
> each package that texlive integrates will have its own bug reporting mechanism.

*This* is the problem I tried to address:  the absence of a unified
access to this info!

It looks like CTAN has it (via “Maintainer” links), but this info is
not incorporated into TeXLive infrastructure.

> In the case of dejavu that you mention
>
> texdoc dejavu
>
> gives the package documentation, the last line of which says:
>
> Please send me bug reports and suggestions about this package.
>
> with the text being  a link to the author's email.

Sorry if I was not clear enough!

I do not care (at least now ;-) about this package.  I just used it a
litmus test: “Farar” is rare enough so that I could grep the whole
directory tree ./tlcfg without getting false positives.

This was just a test to see that the “Maintainer” field is INDEED lost
when packing for TeXLive.

Thanks,
Ilya