[tex-live] Is the TeX Live 2018 installer (for Windows) considerably slower than previous years

Philip Taylor (RH-UoL) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Aug 27 18:17:55 CEST 2018

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> I am stuck with the dialogs that perl/tk offers. I am a bit
> disappointed myself that this option was not available. But I think
> the current design accomodates most people, and it is always
> possible to create D:\TeX outside the TL installer.

Fair enough, Siep, fully understood.  In my case D:\TeX (\Live) already
exists, since it hosts D:\TeX\Live\2008..2017 (and now 2018 as well).
** Phil.