[tex-live] Is the TeX Live 2018 installer (for Windows) considerably slower than previous years

Philip Taylor (RH-UoL) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Aug 27 17:25:01 CEST 2018

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:07:00PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> That was a decision taken by Siep in accordance with UI studies she
>> took. I cannot comment on that.
> This design allows a directory browser.
>
> This matters especially for people with localized versions of
> windows. For example, in explorer, the `Users' directory may be
> represented as 'Gebruikers', and users may not be aware that that is
> not the actual name. The browser alway returns the actual name.

Ah, interesting — thank you, Siep.  But there was no obvious way to
invoke the directory browser; how should I have gone about that ?
** Phil.