[tex-live] Is the TeX Live 2018 installer (for Windows) considerably slower than previous years

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Mon Aug 27 17:03:45 CEST 2018

How exactly are you installing from the local copy?

Here is what I do

Inside the rsynced copy of the tlnet structure

I run the copy of the installer found there.

The installation material is automatically detected as being in a relative folder (relative to the location of install-tl-advanced.bat) and it automatically uses the local one.

Have you instead unzipped the rsynced copy of

install-tl.zip

and is running the installer from the generated folder? Because that will never pick up the local installation folder.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University