[tex-live] Errors produced by TeX Live 2018 on Win7 Pro 64 towards end of installation

Sutharsan Isles sutharsan.john.isles at alumni.york.ac.uk
Fri Aug 24 22:20:20 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I recently attempted to install TeX Live 2018 on my Windows 7 Professional
(64-bit) machine and I ran the install-tl-advanced.bat as an administrator
from the Windows GUI with all default options. The installation went fine
except towards the end I when received some errors:

> running fmtutil-sys --no-error-if-no-engine=luajittex,mfluajit --no-strict
> --all  ...done
> running path adjustment actions
> finished with path adjustment actions
> *running package-specific postactions*
>

> *Undefined subroutine &main::debug called at
> C:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/TeXLive/trans.pl <http://trans.pl> line
> 40.Compilation failed in require at
> C:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/tlpostcode/ptex2pdf-tlpost.pl
> <http://ptex2pdf-tlpost.pl> line
> 164.C:\tempTeX\install-tl\install-tl-20180824\install-tl: calling post
> action script  tlpkg/tlpostcode/ptex2pdf-tlpost.pl
> <http://ptex2pdf-tlpost.pl> did not succeed in C:/windows/system32, status
> 255 at C:/tempTeX/install-tl/install-tl-20180824/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
> line 1693.3 File(s) copied1 File(s) copied Running fc-cache -v -rfinished
> with package-specific postactions*
>
> C:\tempTeX\install-tl\install-tl-20180824\install-tl: errors in
> installation reported above
>

> Welcome to TeX Live!

Apart from this error, TeX Live 2018 seems to have installed fine. I am not
sure exactly what package failed and why and wonder if there is anything
for me to worry about. I haven't started using TeX Live yet.

Please advise.

Thanks,
*S. J. Isles*

Consultant, Editor, Writer, Tutor, Independent Researcher

Faith • Hope • Love • Knowledge • Wisdom

*CONFIDENTIALITY:* If this email has been sent to you by mistake or if you
are not the named addressee, please notify the sender by e-mail and then
delete this e-mail immediately from both your system and e-mail server. You
should not retain, disseminate, copy or print this email as it may contain
confidential information or documents considered as intellectual property
and may result in legal prosecution. *DATA INTEGRITY:* E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, or arrive late or incomplete. If in doubt, please
verify the information or contents with the sender via other modes of
communication where possible.