[tex-live] kpathsea performance

Patrick Davey patrick.davey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 02:05:36 CEST 2018

Hi Karl,

It’s not just the .fmt . For example, one of the tests I did was just with
a document containing (100) broken image links.. e.g

\centertext{\figure{FILENAME.broken.PNG}}}

With

texmf_casefold_search = 0

it takes 0.2 seconds, without it takes 8s

There is no filename in my tex source containing fmt, however, I do pass in
a .fmt file when I call pdftex, not sure if that makes a difference.
​

http://blog.psdavey.com