[tex-live] Status of package "schule"

Manfred Lotz manfred at dante.de
Wed Aug 22 13:12:13 CEST 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:10:29 +0100
Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:

> On 22/08/2018 11:05, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 10:09:31 +0200
> > Martin Sievers <martin at dante.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> the "schule" package has been removed from TL due to a new
> >> structure resulting in many redundant(?) files. As I got some
> >> requests from users, I wonder, whether the authors have been
> >> contacted to fix their package in order to get it back into TL as
> >> soon as possible. If not, what could I tell them?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Martin
> >
> > Johannes Pieper asked me, and I suggested  to reorganize things.
> > Something like this:
> >
> > README
> > schule.dtx
> > schule.ins
> > schule.pdf
> > doc/
> > source/
> >

> > This was on Monday. So, they know what could be done.
>
> They'll need to give their files unique names: loads of "code.tex"
> will be an issue.

Indeed.  Thank you, Joseph.

Perhaps, when checking uploaded packages I should add  two more
checks:

- depth of directory tree (although I had seen this)
- duplicate file names over different directories. Not sure if only
  checking for *.tex, *.ins, *.dtx or just for everything.

Then I could authors give a warning that things are possibly bad or at
least not optimal.

--
Manfred