[tex-live] Current TeX Live Utility fails to update

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:43:06 CEST 2018

On 3 August 2018 at 07:32, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2018, at 22:24 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> You also have /opt/local/bin in front of the bin folder for
>> MacTeX. Putting MacTeX's path in front would certainly help.
>
> This was the problem; it had nothing to do with the prefpane.
> The next release of TeX Live Utility will prepend the TL path
> to whatever is in /etc/paths instead of appending it. Hopefully
> nothing else breaks from that change.

I'm sorry. I must have misinterpreted the following (I didn't notice
two arguments in the command):

$ ll /Library/TeX/texbin/kpsewhich /opt/local/bin/kpsewhich
-rwxr-xr-x  1 uri   wheel  89036 May  9 18:06 /Library/TeX/texbin/kpsewhich*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin     45 Jun 19 07:10
/opt/local/bin/kpsewhich@ ->
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/kpsewhich

Mojca