[tex-live] tl18 released

Manfred Lotz manfred at dante.de
Sat Apr 28 16:01:22 CEST 2018

Hi Denis,

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 15:37:55 +0200
Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> Le 28/04/18 à 15h10, Manfred Lotz a écrit :
>
> > This is because Karl tweaked it (letting out certain things) to make
> > it possible to get all the stuff on the TeX Collection DVD this
> > year.
>
> I see.
>
> > So, presumably the image would have had a size of 3.6 or 3.7GiB
> > without his kind intervention.
>
> That would still fit on a DVD but would be dangerously close to the
> maximum I guess.

No, it wouldn't. A double layer dvd can have approx. 8.5GB which is
approx. 7.9GiB.

The TeX Collection DVD has a size of approx. 7.7 GiB. Add around 500
GiB (Karl's savings) and you have 8.2GiB which is way to much. Even if
Karl would have saved only 400GiB we were still over the edge.

--
Best, Manfred